Where Do I Begin?
New Patients Start with Care Connection
As a new patient, or a patient who has not received any services within the past year, the first step to receiving services is to choose an option below:
- Pre-fill out forms online (CLICK HERE FOR CARE CONNECTION FORMS) and receive a phone call to schedule an in-person or tele-health Care Connection appointment (Once your forms are submitted, you will receive a call within 24 hours. If it is the weekend or a holiday, you will receive a call on the next business day); or
- Call our Welcome Center at 239-275-3222 Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm to speak with a customer service representative to schedule a Care Connection appointment in-person or via tele-health; or
- Walk-in for a Care Connection visit prior to 1:00 pm (pending availability)
- Please make sure you provide accurate insurance information when you contact us so we can schedule your Care Connection appointment with an appropriately credentialed therapist with whom you may continue services after your Care Connection appointment.
What should I bring to my Care Connection appointment?
Please bring your driver’s license or identification card, insurance card, and a list of medications. If unable to bring these items, this will not exclude you from receiving services. SalusCare also recommends patients who are coming for their first session to bring medical records and a trusted family member, if able.
If you were referred to SalusCare, please bring contact information for the referring party.
If you are a guardian of the patient, please bring a copy of your legal documentation.
Where will my Care Connection appointment take place?
If you chose to complete this appointment in person it will be at one of the following locations:
- Ortiz Campus: 2789 Ortiz Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33905
- Evans Campus: 3763 Evans Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cape Coral Campus: 1105 Cultural Park Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33990
Care Connection appointments may also be completed by tele-health. Please plan on your appointment lasting about 90 minutes.
The Next Steps
At your Care Connection appointment, we will gather information from you about your background and your goals for services, including completing an assessment and an individual service plan. Once you’ve completed your Care Connection appointment you will then be scheduled for an appointment and/or a referral made for the services you and your Care Connection therapist agree will be beneficial to your recovery. If you choose outpatient therapy services, you will begin therapy at your next appointment. Regardless of what point you are at in your SalusCare recovery journey, caring and compassionate staff are always available to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I see a doctor at my Care Connection appointment and get medications?
No, but we will work diligently to connect you with appropriate services for your next appointment.
Will I see a therapist at my Care Connection appointment?
How much is a Care Connection appointment?
This appointment is FREE! For services after your Care Connection appointment, we will ensure you meet with a financial counselor who will review your current information and help you determine the costs for future services. Providing us with insurance information at your initial time of scheduling will allow us to pair you with a Care Connection provider who will be covered under your plan for services provided after your initial appointment.
Feel free to call our Welcome Center at 239-275-3222, Mon. – Fri., 8:00 am – 5:00 pm to speak with a trained customer service representative An answering system records messages during off hours and provides an emergency number that can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or, in an emergency, simply dial 911.